Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Listen; there's a hell of a good universe next door: let's go. e. e. cummings

The dreaded birthday is behind me. I am officially 40.

To mark this period, which has been a strange and sometimes painful journey through transition and growth, I decided to get a tattoo. Most people I know who have tattoos - including myself - have some story or meaning behind them.

I woke up without a thought about getting a tattoo, to be honest. But, somehow, the thought crept into my head to get this one word: Listen. 

When I look back on my life, whenever I felt I made a mistake at a major crossroad it was when I didn't listen to my heart or my instinct about something. It made sense to me to remind myself to listen: to my heart, my instinct, my muse, and to also be quiet during this time of transition and healing. 







No comments:

Post a Comment